The General Terms and Conditions of the Friderik online store, owned by the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution, have been compiled in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, the recommendations of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, and international codes for e-commerce.
Ljubljana Castle Public Institution
Grajska planota 1
Telephone: 00 386 1 306 4211
Registration No.: 3887359
ID for VAT: SI82858632
IBAN: 01261-6000002513, UJP RS
The company is registered at the court in Ljubljana, Ljubljana Unit, SRG 2011/1361, activity code 90.040.
Director of the Ljubljana Castle: Mateja Avbelj Valentan.
The founder of the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution is the City Municipality of Ljubljana.
Seller: Ljubljana Castle Public Institution
Customer: a natural or legal person who makes a purchase at the Friderik online store;
Registered Customer: a natural or legal person who registers at the Friderik online store;
Purchase: exchange of goods for payment;
Contractual Relationship: the purchase of goods represents the beginning of a contractual relationship between the customer and the seller.
The customer (natural or legal person) is bound by the general conditions in force at the time of purchase (placing an online order).
The processor of personal data of the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution is the company Innovatif d.o.o., Poljanski nasip 6, 1000 Ljubljana. The controller and the processor of personal data have defined and regulated their mutual relations and obligations by a written contract.
The controller of personal data processed in accordance with these rules is the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution, Grajska planota 1, 1000 Ljubljana.
The provider of technological support for the online store is the company Innovatif d.o.o., Poljanski nasip 6, 1000 Ljubljana.
Types of User
By registering at https://friderik.ljubljanskigrad.si you become a registered customer of the Friderik online store. Both registered customers and customers who make a quick purchase and do not register prior to the purchase have the right to purchase at the Friderik online store.
When registering at the online store, the customer determines a username, which is the same as his or her email address, and a password. If the user wishes to change their email address or password at any time, they can do so in their user profile.
Availability of Information
The Friderik online store undertakes to always provide the customer with the following information:
a) the identity of the company (name and registered office of the company, registration number and tax number);
b) contact details that enable the user to communicate quickly and efficiently (email, telephone);
c) the essential characteristics of the goods or services (including aftersales service and guarantees);
d) product availability (any product offered on the website should be available within a reasonable time);
e) conditions of delivery of the product (method, place and time of delivery);
f) all prices must be clearly and unambiguously set, and it must be clearly indicated whether they already include taxes and transport costs;
g) method of payment and delivery;
h) time validity of the offer;
i) the period within which it is possible to withdraw from the contract and the conditions for withdrawal, as well as whether the customer will incur any additional expenses by returning the product and, if so, the extent of such expenses;
j) an explanation of the complaint procedure, including all details of the contact person or customer service department.
Offer of Items and Prices
The price at the Friderik online store is the same for both registered customers and customers of the online store. All prices include VAT. Prices are valid at the time of placing the order and do not have a predetermined validity.
Order and Prices
The purchase contract between the Friderik online store and the customer is concluded at the Friderik online store at the moment when the Friderik online store sends the customer the first electronic message confirming his or her order. From this moment on, all prices and other conditions are fixed and apply to both the Friderik online store and the customer.
The sales contract (i.e., the first electronic message about the status of the order) is stored in electronic form on the server of the Friderik online store or in the administration of the online store and is available to consumers upon their written request.
Possibility of Delivery
We deliver the products to the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
All orders placed on working days until 12.00 noon will be shipped the next working day. Orders that are labelled payment according to a proforma invoice are sent as soon as the transfer to the stated bank account has been received. Orders placed during weekends and holidays will be shipped immediately on the next working day. For products where a longer delivery time is specifically marked, this is taken into account.
All orders placed with the option of personal collection selected are processed and prepared for collection on the day the order is placed, unless it falls on a Sunday or public holiday. For orders placed on Sundays or public holidays, the order is processed and ready for personal collection the next working day. When the order is ready for personal collection, the customer is notified via email. The collection point is in the Friderik Castle Shop at the Ljubljana Castle, Grajska planota 1, 1000 Ljubljana, between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm (hereinafter: the collection point).
The Friderik online store enables the following methods of payment:
- By debit and credit cards: Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Diners.
- Payment by GIROPAY, IDEAL, BANCONTACT, P24 (Przelewy24) and EPS
- For companies, payment can also be made via a proforma invoice (UPN order) to the account of the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution.
- In the case of personal collection, payment can be made by cash or credit card at the collection point.
Free delivery applies to purchases over €50.00. Note: these conditions and costs of delivery apply only to orders within the Republic of Slovenia.
Issuance of Invoice
After delivery and payment of the ordered products, the Friderik online store sends the customer an invoice. The invoice includes a breakdown of the price and all costs related to the purchase. The customer is obliged to verify the correctness of the data before placing the order.
At the Friderik online store, in a place clearly visible to the customer, there is a notice on the obligation to issue an invoice and deliver the invoice to the customer, as well as the obligation of the customer to take over and retain the issued invoice. The notice has the following form:
I. Product selection: On the website https://friderik.ljubljanskigrad.si select the product and click on the link “Add to cart”. The system notifies you that the product has been successfully added to the cart. To continue shopping, click on the link on the left “Continue shopping” and return to the online store. To complete your purchase, click on the link on the right “Complete purchase” and the system will take you to the shopping cart.
II. Removing a product from the shopping cart: On the website https://friderik.ljubljanskigrad.si there is a shopping cart icon in the upper right corner. After clicking on the icon and then clicking on the link on the right “Complete the purchase”, the products that have been added to the shopping cart while browsing the online store are displayed. To remove a particular product from the shopping cart, click on the cross icon in the upper right corner of the shopping cart frame. To add a specific product to the cart, click on the link “Continue shopping”. Clicking on this link takes you back to the online store.
III. Shopping basket: You must fill in the required fields to complete the order.
1. Personal information: You must provide the required contact information, marked with an asterisk (name, surname, email address, address, place, postal code and telephone number). This information is needed to confirm and complete the order and for the delivery of the product.
The form allows a user account to be created so that your data is already saved the next time you place an order.
2. Addresses: Choose between the options “My address”, which means that the selected address is used for invoice and delivery, or “Add new address”, which is used for delivery.
3. Shipping method: Select Pošta Slovenije or personal collection.
4. Payment: You can choose between different payment methods:
- according to a proforma invoice
- credit or debit card Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Diners
- payment via GIROPAY, IDEAL, BANCONTACT, P24 (Przelewy24) or EPS.
- in the case of personal collection, payment can be made by cash or credit card at the collection point.
Continue with a review of your order: The products you have added to your shopping cart while browsing the online store are displayed. The price of the product, the quantity, the cost of postage, the amount of VAT, and the total cost for payment are shown in the shopping cart before the order is completed.
IV. Complete the order: You can view the provided delivery information, the payment method selected and the contents of the shopping cart. Confirm the order by clicking on the “Order with confirmed payment” button and by clicking on “I agree with the general terms and conditions”. If the order has been successfully completed, the message “Thank you for your order at the Friderik online store” will be displayed.
Purchase Notification Process
After placing the order, the customer receives a notification by email that the order has been received.
The Friderik online store may call the customer on his or her contact telephone number to verify the data or to ensure the accuracy of the delivery.
The purchase procedure for legal entities based in Slovenia is exactly the same as for natural persons, except that at the end of the purchase the company’s name and tax number are also entered.
Consumer’s Right to Withdraw from the Contract
In the case of contracts concluded remotely, the customer has the right to unambiguously notify the company within 14 days by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via some other written communication channel that he or she withdraws from the contract, without having to give a reason for this decision.
In this case, the customer must return the goods to the company no later than 14 days after the notification of withdrawal from the contract. The customer returns the goods to the address: Ljubljana Castle, Grajska planota 1, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. The only cost borne by the customer in connection with withdrawal from the contract is the direct cost of returning the goods, i.e., the shipping.
The customer must return the product to the seller (Friderik online store) undamaged and in an unaltered quantity, unless the item has been destroyed, damaged, lost or had its quantity decreased at no fault of the consumer.
Upon returning the goods, the customer also sends the invoice for the goods, his or her personal data, and the details of the transaction account on which he or she wishes to receive the refunded payment. The payment shall be refunded within 14 days of receiving notice of withdrawal from the contract.
Withdrawal from the contract is exactly the same for legal entities, except that it is not necessary to provide personal data when returning the goods.
Liability for Material Defects
The seller is liable for material defects that the product had at the time that the risk was transferred to the customer, regardless of whether the seller was aware of the defects or not. The seller is also liable for material defects that appear after the risk has been transferred to the customer, if such defects are due to a pre-existing cause. Negligible material defects are disregarded.
The Friderik online store uses appropriate technological and organisational means to protect the transfer and storage of personal data and payments.
Secure authorisations and credit card transactions are ensured by the seller and Stripe. Credit card authorisations are performed in real time with immediate verification of data at banks. Credit card information is not stored on the server of the Friderik online store.
Protection of Personal Data
More information about the protection of personal data can be found in the Statement on the Protection of Personal Data.
Communication – Receiving Advertising Messages
The seller will contact the customer by means of remote communication only on the explicit consent of the customer. Advertising emails will contain the following components:
- they will be clearly and unambiguously marked as advertising messages;
- the sender will be clearly visible;
- various campaigns, promotions and other marketing techniques will be marked as such and the conditions for participation in them will be clearly defined;
- the method of unsubscribing from receiving advertising messages will be clearly presented;
- the user’s wish not to receive advertising messages will be explicitly respected by the Friderik online store.
The Friderik online store and all data on it, including product images as well as graphic and video elements at the online store, are protected and may not be reproduced or used without the prior written permission of the seller.
Limitation of Liability
The Friderik online store makes every effort to ensure that the information published on the Friderik online store is up-to-date and correct.
Exclusion of Liability
The seller reserves the right to disable the website or disable access to it due to technical or other problems as well as maintenance, which also means disabling or hindering the use of the online store. In the case of technical problems on the website, we reserve the right to cancel placed orders that have been affected by the technical error. In the event of the cancellation of orders, the seller will notify the customer as soon as possible and inform him or her of the next steps. The customer must ensure adequate protection of software (antivirus, etc.) prior to accessing and using the website. The customer must ensure the appropriate security and confidentiality of the information used to log in to the website (email address, password).
Complaints and Disputes
The seller shall comply with the applicable European consumer protection legislation. The seller shall make every effort to fulfil its duty to establish an effective complaint handling system and to designate a person whom the customer can contact by telephone or email in the event of problems.
Complaints can be submitted via the email address email@example.com
The complaint handling procedure is confidential. The seller will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within five working days, will inform the customer of how long it will take to deal with the complaint, and will keep him or her informed of the progress of the procedure.
The seller will make every effort to resolve any disputes amicably.
In the case of judicial settlement of disputes, the competent court is based on the permanent or temporary residence of the customer.
Out-of-Court Settlement of Consumer Disputes
In accordance with legal norms, the seller shall not recognise any provider of out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes as competent for resolving consumer disputes that may be initiated by the consumer in accordance with the Out-of-Court Settlement of Consumer Disputes Act.
This regulation derives from the Out-of-Court Settlement of Consumer Disputes Act, Regulation (EU) no. Regulation (EC) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and Council on the online settlement of consumer disputes and amending Regulation (ES) No. 2016/2004 and Directive 2009/22 /ES.
Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Controller and Contact Details
This policy applies to the processing (use) of any personal data carried out by the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution (the controller) or carried out on behalf of the controller.
Information about the controller:
Ljubljana Castle Public Institution
Grajska planota 1
Registration No.: 3887359
Which Personal Data Do We Process?
- basic contact information (name, telephone number, email address);
- information on website use (clicks on links, time spent) and information on responses to emails (whether the message was opened, which links the customer clicked);
- information needed by the seller to fulfil the contract and the delivery of the purchased goods (subject of purchase, price, delivery address, delivery time, method of payment, date of payment, data on complaints, information on the issued invoice, etc.);
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The customer’s personal data can processed on the following legal bases:
- when needed in order to fulfil the seller’s legal obligations (e.g., issuing invoices for purchased goods);
- when the processing of the customer’s personal data is necessary in order to conclude and fulfil a contract concluded between the seller and the customer or because the customer has requested an offer from the seller;
- when the customer has consented to the processing of personal data for a specific processing purpose, in which case the customer always retains the right to revoke the given consent;
- when the seller has a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data (e.g., the seller sends an email to the customer in the event that he or she has left the shopping cart in the online store without completing the purchase).
Purposes of Personal Data Processing
The customer’s personal data may be used by the seller for one or more of the following purposes:
- communication regarding the provision of the seller’s services and responding to customer inquiries;
- conclusion of the contract and fulfilment of the obligations arising from the concluded contract;
- to enforce any legal claims and resolve disputes;
- for statistical analyses regarding the sale of goods and use of the shop’s websites.
Retention Period of Personal Data
The seller shall retain the basic personal data (name, surname, email, language, date of account creation, last visit, company, address, telephone, country) as long as the customer has the status of a registered customer at the Friderik online store.
Personal data processed on the basis of the customer’s consent are stored permanently or until the revocation of this consent by the customer.
The customer can change his or her data at any time or request a record or deletion of such data in the module Your Account, GDPR – Personal Data.
Data on issued invoices are retained by the seller for 10 years from the date of issue.
Voluntariness of Provision of Data and Consequences of Non-Provision
The provision of personal data is voluntary. You are not obliged to provide us with personal data, but if you do not provide such data, you cannot enter into a contract with us (as we need the data to deliver the order). The data required for the execution of the order are: name, surname, email address, address, place, postal code and telephone number.
Access to Your Personal Data
We shall not provide your personal data or provide information about such data to third parties (outside the Ljubljana Castle Public Institution), except for those who have a written contract with us, on the basis of which they perform certain tasks related to data processing and are obliged to comply with legislation on the processing and protection of personal data (so-called contractual processors). The contractual processors to whom we provide personal data are:
- software solution providers;
- delivery services.
Contractual processors may only process personal data within the framework of the agreed instructions and may not process personal data for their own purposes. They are committed, together with their employees, to protecting the confidentiality of your personal data.
Contractual processors do not export personal data to third countries (outside EU Member States and the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States).
Customer Rights Regarding Personal Data
The customer has the following rights regarding personal data:
- the customer may at any time request from the seller:
- confirmation of whether the seller is processing the customer’s personal data;
- access to personal data and the following information in this regard: purposes of processing; types of personal data; users or categories of users to whom personal data have been or will be disclosed, especially users in third countries or international organisations; the envisaged retention period of the personal data or, if this is not possible, the criteria used to determine such a period; the existence of automated monitoring of decisions, including the formation of profiles and the reasons for this, as well as the significance and foreseeable consequences of such processing for the customer;
- one (free) copy of personal data in a form specified by the customer (if the request is made by electronic means of communication and the customer does not request otherwise, a copy is provided in electronic form); for additional copies requested by the customer, the seller may charge a reasonable fee, taking into account the cost;
- correction of inaccurate personal data;
- restriction on the processing of personal data, in the case that:
- the customer disputes the accuracy of the personal data, for a period that allows the seller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing of the data is illegal and the customer opposes the deletion of the personal data and instead requests a restriction on their use;
- the seller no longer requires the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the customer needs them to assert, enforce or defend legal claims;
- the deletion of all personal data (right to be forgotten) if the preconditions set out in Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation are met, and in particular in the event that the customer revokes his or her consent to the processing of the personal data;
- a record of the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, with the right to pass the data on to another controller without interference from the seller;
- discontinuation of the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling;
- that the customer is not subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, provided that the preconditions set out in Article 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation are met.
- the right to lodge a complaint against the seller with the Information Commissioner if the customer believes that the processing of his or her personal data violates the General Data Protection Regulation.
Procedure for Exercising Rights
You can address your requests regarding the exercising of personal data rights in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of reliable identification in the case of exercising rights in relation to personal data, we may request additional information from you, but we may refuse to take action only if we prove that we cannot reliably identify you.
We must respond to your request to exercise your personal data rights without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request.